ESC in EVEC Athens Infopack
The European Volunteer and Education Center of Athens is accredited as a host organization for the European Solidarity Corps until 2027. Our activities take place in Oropos, a tourist and agricultural suburb of Athens, which is only 55 km away from the city center of Athens. We chose this place for our activities because on one hand it is not far from the city center and there are regular bus connections, and on the other hand it is pure nature, and especially the wetland gives you the feeling of being far away from the urban chaos, where you can relax and enjoy the pure nature.
In Oropos we do environmental activities such as:
- cleaning and improvement of the local beach
- promotion of composting among the locals
- learning to sow and grow vegetables and spices in a traditional ecological way
- learning how to produce olive oil in a traditional way
We also try to make Oropos known to young Greeks and European tourists who love nature. We organize activities with which we are:
- creating free websites for organizations that promote Oropos
- creation of videos for different target groups and promotion of Oropos on Youtube
- writing articles for Oropos and disseminating them in the countries where the volunteers are active
Our organization gives space to the creativity of the volunteers to develop their own activities that will contribute to our goal of conservation and promotion of Oropos as a destination for nature lovers.