We Do Care About Recyclables – 03-09.05.2020, Msida, Malta
We Do Care about Recyclables – Project INFO-PACK
Summary of the Project:
Four groups of young people will get together in Malta for five days to learn about recyclable
materials collection in each country.
During that time they will:
- Present the existing recycling system in each country;
- Visit Wasteserve Malta – the Maltese authority responsible for collection – and processing plant;
- Talk to LESA (Local Enforcement System Agency) and Green Pack;
- Visit a local school to talk about recycling with students and learn what the young generation is raised to in relation to the topic;
- Collect recyclables from a selected public place (park, beach, streets) in the town of Msida;
- Analyze the results and observations and make suggestions on how to improve the system; and
- Meet the local council in Msida to present this analysis.
Of course, there will be enough time to learn about our beautiful country and enjoy some sightseeing, too.
The workshops will take place from May 4th to May 8th 2020 . We expect participants to arrive on May 3 and leave on May 9.
Suggested Selection and Preparation of the Participants
Four participants (preferrably two girls and two boys) 18-25 years old, who should have interest in recycling, learning about the system in question and be well aware of the practice in their communities.
Participants will come from the following countries : Malta, Czec Republic, Slovak Republic and Greece.
We expect to provide accommodation in the NSTS Campus Residence and Hostel in Msida, see https://www.nstsmalta.org/campus-residence/, based on your participants selection.
Instructions on how to get there available here: https://www.nstsmalta.org/transport/ The cost of accommodation will be paid by our organization.
Travel Cost Reimbursement
We will be able to cover expenses only up to the 275.00 EUR per participant.
After consulting our contact person within the National Agency, reimbursement of travel costs will only be done upon full attendance of the exchange programme and presentation of the original tickets with boarding passes and all receipt/invoices.
Reimbursement will be done in EURO, regardless of the currency indicated on your ticket and receipt/invoice.
! Note: Please note if you bought your ticket in your local currency, which might be different from EUR, we will calculate your travel costs according to the exchange rates from official European Commission website for the month of ticket purchase.
!! Note: Please make the copies of your pass board, tickets and invoices before you come to the training.
In order for us to reimburse you must provide us with:
1. The original invoice of the flight ticket with clear mark of how much you have paid (If it is an electronic ticket, print the booking confirmation e-mail or print an electronic ticket from the Web site of the flight company or a travel agency)
2. ALL (!) the Boarding Passes <– VERY IMPORTANT
3. We need a photocopy of your I.D. <– VERY IMPORTANT
Health and Travel Insurance
Health insurance is not provided. All participants are strongly advised to take private health or travel insurance individually.
EUROPEAN HEALTH INSURANCE CARD. The European Health Card is accepted in every country of the European Union. If you don’t have it, you can get it easily. You should go to the office in charge of health affairs, and ask for your European Health Card. It’s a little blue plastic card, and you can get it for free. It’s valid in every EU country for 1 year. Or any other insurance is welcome.
Spolek E-Plus Dobris, Czech Republic,
Youth for Equality, Puste Ulany, Slovakia,
European Voluntary and Educational Center, Athens, Greece
CSR Malta Association Contact
Milan Haluska, Chairman
CSR Malta Association
Tel. +356 9934 6247
If you are interested to apply please fulfill the application form on this link https://forms.gle/SgZ5dnS16EMpXeyH8