Go Offline, feel alive! 28.06 – 04.07.2021 Eskisehir, Turkey
Partner countries: Greece, Croatia, France, Italy, Romania, Lithuania, Slovakia, Turkey
Participant age: 18-30
Number of participants: 6 from each partner country ( 5+1 Group leader, 3 male and 3 female )
Arrival date/ 28th June to the venue and 04th July departure date
Technology and Internet has many advantages, but also in todays world it is taking over the young peoples life. They spend hours and hours on Social Media like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. They become addictive and life without it is unimaginable for them. . For this reason, the majority of young people experience a large withdrawal from the social environment, not wanting to leave the house, talking and meeting with friends on the internet, lying about what they are doing, anger bursts when their opportunities are restricted, petty thefts, and large decreases in school success.
A wide range of negative consequences of this addiction include psychological and physical disorders, disconnections in family relationships, decline in academic achievement, and inability to discover personal skills, difficulty in adapting to society, risk of engaging in illegal activities, posture disorders, obesity, vision problems…
That is why we decided to create this project, to show the young people that there are plenty of things that they can do, beside using Technology all day. The Participants will spend one week in nature camping site Sakaryabaşı from 28th June until 04th July, without their mobile phones, Internet and any other kind of technological devise. During the day they will be engaged in various sport activities, workshops, seminars…
International Public, Municipal and Non-Governmental Organizations Project Support Association (PRODER), was established in 2018 in the center of Eskişehir in order to announce the voices and ideas of young people at national and international level through projects
As an association: we work with youth groups, universities and high schools,we organize project activities in youth groups, high schools and universities,we encourage young people to write projects and participate in volunteering projects,we support the volunteering and partnership of young people,we provide training and seminars on local, national and international current issues in youth centers; We are trying to improve the quality of life of young people and maintaining a healthy life and include young participants in projects in order to experience intercultural exchanges.
Partners and their tasks:
The goals of the project
• To raise awareness about internet addiction among young people
• to raise awareness about the correct use of internet and time
• to define the internet as a facilitating tool in our daily needs and work
• to help young people to produce new ideas about leisure time
• to support them to do sports, to take responsibility
• To increase their skills,
• to encourage cooperation to fight against Internet addiction
• To raise awareness about internet addiction through activities
• to help young people to produce new ideas about leisure time
• to support young people to do sports
The learning outcomes that we expect are:
-Increasing well-being-Reducing anxiety and depression, -Increasing self-confidence and self-esteem, Developing a positive perspective, -Reducing the impulse against addiction,-Providing the power to cope with stress-Internet addiction prevention.
Number of Participants: 48 participants, 6 from each Partner country (5 participants + 1 group leader)
Age: 18-30 years old
Gender Equality: in order to achieve gender balance, each organization should choose 3 male and 3 female participants
For this Project we are searching for Young people who:
• did not have transnational mobility before
• did not have intercultural dialogue
• did not think that they were addicted to the internet
• did not develop their communication skills
• are interested in individual development and sports.
• Young people with fewer opportunities
Group leaders profile:
Has interpersonal and communication abilities;
Has a strategic thinking and is focused on results thinking;
- Has a positive and supporting attitude;
- Has Team spirit;
- Pays attention to details and promotes a positive attitude among the participants;
- Has coordinating, planning and organizing abilities;
- Has English speaking skills (at least medium level);
- Has experience in volunteering, non-formal education and youth working;
- Is a good mediator;
- Has facilitating abilities;
- Has evaluating abilities
Our main method used in the fight against internet addiction will be sports methods and workshops. Sports, by affecting the brain and showing psychological, neurological and psychiatric effects and it creates a state of bodily well-being. Some of the effects of sports; increase self-confidence, personal control providing, increasing well-being, reducing tension and headache. Sports can also be anxiety and can reduce depression, it is an alternative to reducing the urge to addiction
All the exchange will be done through the methods of non-formal education. The other activities will be for example brain storming’s, plenary discussions, simulations, role plays, team building, energizers, ice breakers and many others and therefore we expect to actively involve the participants in the diverse working moments, sharing opinions, cooperating amongst themselves and learning from each.
Each partner organization it is in charge with the selection of its participants.
In the selection process take into consideration the following aspects:
-disadvantaged youth (geographic and economic)
-Our participant group stated that they are internet addicts
- amount of time that candidates spent on Internet (hourly, daily, weekly basis)
-amount of time they spend doing sports
-age (18-30 years old)
-gender (to ensure the gender balance within the group, 3 male and 3 female),
-young people who are pre-motivated about the project.
-their disposability to participate in the youth exchange (it is mandatory that the participants to actively participate during all the youth exchange activity days); and after, in the dissemination activities;
- their special needs (young people with fewer priorities), etc..
All partners need to :
determine the participants
prepare a presentation regarding the topic (1 month)
logistic, practical information (1 month)
The participants’ preparations should be done at three main levels by the group leaders, after the selection process.
1.Logistic preparations: • First, the group leader should inform the participants about all the project’s details
• Second, he has to help them to establish all the logistic details regarding their travel to Turkey This will include: travel plan, buying tickets, medical insurance, etc.
• He should also check if the participants understood all the details regarding the exchange.
2.Learning process: The group leader should help the participants to establish their personal learning objectives. The group leader is also in charge with monitoring and evaluating participants’ learning objectives. Is in charge with tasks sharing within the national group. They need to ensure that all the participants from their group are aware about the learning process and that the youth exchange is a learning experience.
3.Social and cultural level: The group leaders should know the young people from his group and to facilitate the cooperation, dialogue and team building within the national groups before the youth exchange. They have to promote tolerance and solidarity within their groups and to inform the participants about the cultural differences, the cultural context within the project will be held, but also about the group rules.
Accomodation & food
Accommodation and food: 100% covered by Erasmus + Program
Participants will be sleeping in tents in the camping area (Sakaryabaşı) which is 3 minutes away from Çifteler Municipality Culture House where our Activities will take place.
In the camping area all the basic needs will be meet for our partners: showers, changing cabins, sinks…
We will provide participants with tents and the food from the many local nearby restaurants.
The logistics services will be provided by the vehicles of our municipality. Badges, t-shirts and hat designs will be prepared for each participant.
How to reach Eskișehir?
The easiest way to reach Turkey is via plane either to Istanbul (Istanbul New airport or Sabiha Gökçenairport), Ankara or Eskişehir Hasan airport.
From airport to the city center You have a lot of public bus options that departures every 20 minutes to the center of the city. There is also an option of using shuttle bus which is a bit more expensive or You can use taxi which is the most expensive option.
From Istanbul and Ankara You can reach Eskişehir with the fast train which coast around 10 euros or with the bus that goes every 30 minutes. The journey from Istanbul to Eskisehir takes around 6 hours with the bus and around 2 or 3 hours with the train.
There is a useful app for bus transport and it is called obilet.
All the travel expences will be reimbursed according to the Erasmus + conditions (using the EU distance calculator):
For the reimbursement you need:
- An invoice for the tickets.
- A receipt (showing that you have paid the money) – only for train and bus tickets;
- printed document showing that the money was paid (receipt, bank confirmation etc.)
– for the airplane tickets; – Flight ticket (with the name of the passenger and flight details);
- All boarding passes;
- A printed confirmation of reservation.
What to bring:
Comfortable and sport clothes
European Health Insurance Card: We recommend that you have your European Health Insurance Card before coming .The medical help might be expensive here if you do not have it
The primary goal of our dissemination activities is to disseminate the results of our project. Our second goal is national to contribute to the implementation and shaping of European policies and systems. We will encourage our participants to share their acquired skills and learning outcomes with others. The videos, photos and the outputs of our workshops that we created during our project.We will document it and upload it to Dropbox and share them with other participants and NGO-s.
To address the above, the following dissemination activities will be carried out:
● Creation of promotional materials for our project, including website, brochures and posters;
● Use of social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Blog;
● Running events: workshops and seminars, Webinars, MOOCs, academic
conferences and practitioners events;
● Publishes the project, including press releases, journal articles (peer review) and
promoting through practitioners’ publications
Communication: Facebook Groups
The partner group / institution officials will be contacted via Skype, Whats Up or e-mail
- Open Air Session –
Erasmus + and Youthpass Promotion, in Çifteler Sakarya Başı facilities, To ensure active participation, Presentation, Speaking and Discussion methods, participation of all partner groups / institutions and PRODER
- Eğitim Atölyesi – What is Internet Addiction ?, About Protection of Personal Data
Information, Discussion for information and awareness in Çifteler Municipality Culture House Hall and Using Thinking Aloud methods
- Open Air Session – Scuba Diving (5 Meters), Çifteler Sakarya Başı Facilities,
Demonstrating and Doing to ensure that sports take a permanent place in our lives
- Open Air Session – Culture Night, Çifteler Sakarya Başı Facilities
- Training Workshop – The Harms of Internet Addiction -Wood and knitting workshops, in Çifteler Municipality Culture House Hall, Presentation-Brainstorming-Putting of Importance methods to gain knowledge, awareness and hobby
- the 6th Open Air Session – Scuba Diving (15 Meters), Çifteler Sakarya Başı Facilities
- 7th Open Air Session – Culture Night, Çifteler Sakarya Başı
- 8th Training Workshop – Internet, How to Deal With Addiction ?, In Çifteler Municipality Culture House Hall, Information and With the methods of Presentation-Poster-Poster Preparation
- 9.Open Session – Scuba Diving Çifteler Sakarya Başı Facilities
- 10th Training Workshop – Leisure Time Assessment Methods, In Çifteler Municipality Culture House Hall
- 11th Open Air Session – Çifteler Sakarya Başı Facilities
12th Visit – Çifteler District Governorship and Mayor’s OfficeVisit, Çifteler Local, with Municipal Vehicles
13th Open Air Session – Visibility Study and Viral Video Shooting, Çifteler Sakarya Başı Facilities, Technology Purpose
14th Open Air Session – Farewell Party, Çifteler Sakarya Başı
15th Indoor Session – Final Reporting, with the participation of our groups / institutions and under the responsibility of PRODER and Youthpass Distribution
This youth exchange is based on the principles of non-formal education, all participants will be able to get a YouthPass certificate after the project. YouthPass is confirming their participation in the Exchange emphasizing their learning process and individual reflection about new competences they will gain.
If you are interested please apply HERE